I really let myself celebrate Thanksgiving as I gave no thought to how many calories I was eating at each meal. My mom made my favorite cherry cheese pie and over a 3 day period I have nearly eaten the whole thing. But that is ok as this Monday the next chapter begins toward my healthier smaller self. I posted my latest video log and I started out in the shower! Yeah, not sure what I was thinking there but I just wanted to do something way out there.
I think this will be the 590th time I started an adventure toward weight loss and working toward not being embarrassed wearing T Shirts in the summer. What is so different about this time around? Not sure other than I can see the symptoms of being overweight, as far as my health goes.
I am always tired, I mean very tired around 3 pm at work and I know it is because I eat too much junk food and get no exercise.
Yeah, I have none. Walking up one flight of stairs at work and I am already hurting and beginning to breath hard. How do I expect to do any kind of physical activity with my soon to be born grandchild?
I am a big snorer (just ask my wife) and it drives her crazy. I have read that one of the major causes of snoring is being overweight. Perhaps part of the reason I get so tired easily is because the snoring is so bad that it cause me not to get the restful sleep I need. I have noticed that I toss and turn a lot at night and I know my weight has a lot to do with it.
So maybe I didn’t eat the whole turkey but I did eat a lot and this over indulging will come to a stop by the end of the week. The new road to my new life is up ahead.
Yesterday I joined the YMCA to get back in to the swing of things. I have decided to restart (sort of) the couch to 5k so that come next summer I will be able to run the entire 5k. I know I have picked the weirdest time to start back. The holiday is a time for family and FOOD. I wanted to get something started so I don’t just go crazy over the holidays.
The tools I will have…
- The YMCA. Along with some of the classes I will recruit the services of a personal trainer. Plus I have a lot of coworkers that play racquetball and exercise there. This should help with the accountability.
- mynetdiary.com. This will help me keep a tally of the food I eat along with the calories. What is nice is that it is all web based and has an iPhone app that I can use.
- Blogging for accountability. I was talking to a coworker and she was telling me that it helps her to partner up with someone so that they can hold each other accountable. Well, for me, that is where this blog and my video log comes into play. I experienced some success with the couch to 5k program and video logging my progress and I hope to accomplish that as well this time around.
I will begin attending the YMCA regularly on Monday Dec. 1st. I am not sure how long it will take to get on the schedule for the personal trainer but it should be a learning experience.
Hello I am trying to get this blog set up so that I can share my adventures. This blog will highlight my triumphs and struggles.
The goals are to
- Run a 5k (run the whole time)
- Become healthier (stop taking blood pressure medicine)
- Be able to buy a better wardrobe
Bare with me as I get this blog set up as I am new to wordpress.com